Social media has become very popular over the last 5 years and it’s become an important piece in having success online. I know what you’re thinking. Where do I start? There are so many social media outlets out there! Let’s start with a few at the top of the list of social media websites that will help your business grow.
Facebook and Twitter are the most well known and accepted social media outlets serving tens of millions of users and generating hundreds of millions of hits per day. If you’re serious about your online business, it would be wise to register for at least these two social media websites.
There are a few ways you can use these sites to enhance your business by attracting your target audience.
1. Research and decide on which keywords best fit your business model and which audience you want to reach
2. Post tweets or updates related to your business theme. If I have a flower business and I want other tweeters to follow me, I have to supply enough relevant information that the reader deems valuable enough to follow your business for that particular subject.
3. Tweet at least 4 times a day. This will provide a steady stream of information that will add a consistent flow of information coming from your business.
4. Optimize and post relevant images that will point back to your business.
5. Invite all of your friends to follow you or become a fan of your product or business. You never know who the people you know may know and it just leads to a growing network of people you can talk to using social media..